Thursday, May 20, 2010

The final days...well, kind of.

Finally, after 18 or so years, I will no longer be a student. Work-wise, school is done; according to FIT though, I have one more course to go. But, after the mess these last few weeks have been, I can get through just about anything at this point. So, I'm not completely free of school--summer school awaits. Womp. Womp.

There's been quite a lot happening lately, besides getting myself and everything together for graduation. On a positive note, I've been hired as a part-time educator for CMoM, so I'll be with them for a little while longer. Should be good times :] Hopefully I can find something a bit more permanent soon...

And the secret is out--I know how to paint! Or, more specifically, I haven't forgotten how to. Dare I say I think I actually like it now...? o.0 I never used to be a fan of painting--paintbrushes always felt chaotic in my hand for some reason. I'm very glad to have taken the traditional techniques in the fine arts course this semester...I think it reignited something.
These are some pictures of the final project for the class--an oil painting on a gold leaf/gilded panel. ((DASH would be so disappointed...photographic references! Gah!))



2 comments:

  1. You make me want to try painting on gold. Looks fun : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woot! You should! It's a little bit intimidating ((and a bit of a process to set up)) but the results are really nice, I think. If you ever decide to try it, let me know!

    ReplyDelete