Sunday, May 2, 2010

Good v. bad, if such things exist.

Very much in binary thinking mode, but this weekend I saw the best and the worst that people can be and do--myself included.

I realized the awful effects that lust/desire can have--that and how it can interfere with/cloud genuine feeling and love.

I also saw the opposite of that dynamic: love minus the interference of physical desire.

I saw an ((apparently)) unwilling/unintended mother neglect, endanger and, abuse her child while others looked on and mocked the scene.

I saw a stranger move across a crowded train to reach out to someone clearly unable to care for themselves and ensure their safety and well-being.

I saw acts of selflessness, chivalry, and selfishness, all in the course of a few hours.

There's so much, so many things that happen in various instances throughout the day. One moment you can be losing hope in humanity and in the next, you see something that restores it. It's half a matter of what we choose to perceive, and part pure observation and openness to as many moments as possible.
Something ((besides myself)) that speaks to that: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tara-stiles/how-to-be-happy-5-simple_b_558379.html

No comments:

Post a Comment